Thursday, October 2, 2008

Morning of Day 4 - Vinny

What else is there to say that hasn't been said? I feel like I have a lot of free time on my hands. No dishes to do, no food to prepare, no shopping for food, no going to the gym. All these things take time and/or also require food. I organized a lot of my music last night to kill time. I've also been catching up on movies and been reading a bit. Boring!!!
I read an article in one of Ryan's magazines yesterday about a person who fasted for 20 days. One of things that they realized that I am now beginning to feel more is a sense of detachment from other people. Eating is a time to come together and even though we have "dinner" and post "dinner" shit sessions, without actual food it is not the same. I've noticed that everyone seems much more down than I have ever seen them before. I'm sure that anyone who has been with any of us at all over the past 2 days would say the same. Its things like this that make me realize the effects of hunger. I will certainly have a much greater appreciation for food when this is done. As far as dealing with the hunger - it just becomes easier every day.

No comments: